Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

Little Mill students sing their own song with the Fall Play, Dear Edwina.

Leading the singing line of the introduction song Ansley Merritt sings her heart out in this awe-inspiring play.

Genevieve Volpe

Genevieve Volpe

The 2017 Fall Play, “The Dear Edwina Show,” was a hit! From the high-flying action of Lola in “Hola Lola” to the dance line in “Put it in The Piggy,” to the operatic number in “Fork Knife Spoon,” the play was hilarious while giving an amazing message.

Genevieve Volpe
Getting ready for the action packed fall show, Russel Hill gets his make up done by Mrs Shaw.

“My favorite part of the play is “Put it in the Piggy” because we get to dance with sticks and sing a fun song,” said 7th grader Hannah Wagner. Hannah has participated in drama since 4th grade, when she played Annie in “Annie” at her elementary school. Wagner is also excited about the upcoming one act festival.

Winning an award for telling people what to do, Kaylee Traverso, Edwina, sings about why she wants to make it to the Kalamazoo adviceapalooza festival. To have that award on the fridge.

The Fall Play is very different from the Spring Play. When preparing for the Fall Play students have much less rehearsal time for a short show that has to wow the whole school. The cast of the Spring play will have approximately five months to practice lines and songs spread out evenly among the cast.

Introducing her character in the great Dear Edwina Jr., Abigail Smith sings her small but fantastic solo.

There are some similarities between the two productions. “Student accountability in the audience and on stage are both major factors for the Fall and Spring plays,” said Mrs. Norwood, the drama teacher. When students watched fall play, their role as an audience was to support their fellow students, not just to sit and enjoy it. Whereas with the Spring play students, staff, and parents all have the choice of attending, and the cast is sure to shine.

Russel Hill hobbles off the stage with a crutch in hand. He just finished his solo as Farmer Jerry in Put it in the Piggy.

Get ready for the Spring play… the Mill is heading out to sea for The Little Mermaid! What a great way to inspire young women throughout the school with a play that is based  off of accepting yourself, the bond through a family, and all around true girl power.

• Campus Life

Preparing for the A&I Fair

• Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

Features

Making a Run for It

• Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

Features

Swinging Into Action

• Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

Features

The Little Mermaid is Coming Ashore

• Features

8th Grade Lady Mustangs Head to the Championship Game

• Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

Features

Making the Team

• Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

Features

Go Stangs!

• Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

Campus Life

Halloween is a hit!

• Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

Campus Life

All Fun and Games

• Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

Campus Life

Wake Up Little Mill

Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service