Making a Run for It

Mckaylin Karr

Track season began March 7th. Track is a sport which includes running, jumping ,and throwing, and there are different events in the sport. Although 6th graders can’t participate in this sport until 7th grade they can still train for it.“Little Mill has track because it helps kids have a sport where they can be with their friends and do what they love,’’ said 8th grader Chloe Bailey.

Track tryouts began in February and the season will continue through April. Track isn’t just running like most people think, throwing and jumping also is involved. Little Mill’s track team allows anyone in 7th or 8th grade to tryout. Everyone’s favorite part about track is the meets. Meets are about meeting new people and having more athletes to compete with. It teaches the athletes how to work harder and improve by seeing how other schools perform.

In every event, there are three people involved. That’s where athletes can meet new people and become a better team. “My favorite part about track would be the practicing because you always get to hang out with your friends,” said Chloe. “I love track because it’s actually technical, and I am kind of a technical person, so I enjoy the fact that you can actually improve if you know how to do things technically,” said Mrs. Robar, a track coach.

Track includes many events. Track members can do hurdles, long jump, triple jump, and high jump. There are also throwing events like shot put and discus. There are longer running events like the 800, 400, and the one mile (1600). “I believe I help my athletes because I am a pretty good motivator. I like to encourage students,” said Coach Robar.

Overall, Track is a fun way to get active ,and an exciting sport that allows anyone to join. There are also many fun events anyone can do. “I want to try out for track because I want to go to all the meets again and meet new people,” said Chloe.

• Campus Life

Preparing for the A&I Fair

• Making a Run for It

Features

Swinging Into Action

• Making a Run for It

Features

The Little Mermaid is Coming Ashore

• Features

8th Grade Lady Mustangs Head to the Championship Game

• Making a Run for It

Campus Life

Edwina Spoonapple: At Your Service

• Making a Run for It

Features

Making the Team

• Making a Run for It

Features

Go Stangs!

• Making a Run for It

Campus Life

Halloween is a hit!

• Making a Run for It

Campus Life

All Fun and Games

• Making a Run for It

Campus Life

Wake Up Little Mill

Making a Run for It