• Journalism is seeking artwork and writing from talented students to publish HERE! Please see Mrs. Bridges or your language arts teacher for more information.

Once a Family, Always a Family

Anna Gliatta and Savannah Rapert are trying to steal the basketball from their peer during gym.

Jordan Allen, Staff Writer & Photographer

“I love being apart of a team who is always there for me in our games and during personal times,” said Abigail Schubiger. The 7th grade girls basketball team is a great example of an outside-of-home family. The girls began their journey together this summer, working through open gyms and competitions with other counties. It has been obvious that the total of nine girls have grown into one, working together on and off the court, full time.

A few girls from the 7th grade Lady Mustang Basketball team mess around during gym class. They enjoy having gym class together because they get to practice their favorite sport during free time.

“At the beginning of the summer, I didn’t know half of the team, so I was terrified of how we would work together,” said Haelim Adle. Turns out, everything came out amazing! The girls’ record is phenomenal, and the season is rounding up soon!

The girls huddle up in their given time out during their basketball game. They needed to set up a new play to bring another win to their record.

We expect to see our girls pull out a win in the tournament at the end of the season, and we’re here to cheer them on! Go Lady Mustangs!

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Campus Life

Taking Singing to Another Level

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Campus Life

Total Eclipse of the Mill

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Features

Invitation to Innovation: New Alliance Academy for Innovation

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Features

Black History Month

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Campus Life

Chorus Craze!

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Campus Life

Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Features

Track: A Sport for Everyone

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Campus Life

Technology: The Good and the Bad

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Campus Life

6th Grade: A Whole New World

• Once a Family, Always a Family

Campus Life

Read Across America Day

Once a Family, Always a Family