Chorus Craze!

Emily Briscoe

Chorus is a time where you get to sing and learn new things about your voice. Chorus is a year long connection class that you can enjoy with your friends while doing something you love. When students get into chorus they are either an alto, someone who can sing low, or a soprano, someone who can sing high. If a student is a guy, they sing baritone.

When Brianna Neilan was asked what her favorite thing about chorus is, she stated “she gets to have fun singing while sitting by her friends.”  

Before students get to sing, they do warm-ups to help exercise their voice. Sometimes after warm-ups students will play different games such as the “do-do game”. The “do-do game” is where students have note cards with song names on them and they have to sing it with do, but they only have two minutes to get the most cards. First the sopranos go, and then the altos, and whoever has the most cards at the end wins.

Chorus also plays the rhythm game. In the rhythm game, students have three notes on the board they can’t sing. Mr. Speakman will sing three random notes and the class has to sing them back ,but if the class sings the pattern on the board Mr. Speakman gets a point. If the class doesn’t sing it the class gets a point. Either the class or Mr. Speakman has to get three points to win.

In chorus students have a Fall, Winter, and Spring concert that they perform at the school. Anyone can come to the concert, including siblings, parents,  and even some staff come. During the concerts students sing on risers so they can see everyone. A few days before the concert we bring the risers into classroom so they can get used to standing on them.

• Chorus Craze!

Features

Go Stangs!

• Chorus Craze!

Campus Life

Halloween is a hit!

• Chorus Craze!

Campus Life

All Fun and Games

• Chorus Craze!

Campus Life

Wake Up Little Mill

• Chorus Craze!

Campus Life

Taking Singing to Another Level

• Chorus Craze!

Campus Life

Total Eclipse of the Mill

• Chorus Craze!

Features

Invitation to Innovation: New Alliance Academy for Innovation

• Chorus Craze!

Features

Black History Month

• Chorus Craze!

Campus Life

Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle

• Chorus Craze!

Features

Track: A Sport for Everyone

Chorus Craze!